Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Waffle House Scam...

I've been in the South many times. And everywhere I go I see these Waffle House stores over and over and over. They are more prevalent than McDonalds, maybe even more common than Starbucks in Seattle.

I was feeling hungry. On the bike this means I feel my senses weakening on my head starts to hang low (and a little to the right - I don't know why). My shoulders and arms begin to droop from the handle bars. I was holding out for a cajun buffet in New Orleans so I had room for a high carb snack. It just seemed like the perfect time.


When I walked in the door, everyone working yelled, "Good morning" at me. It was nice and I perked up to the Waffle House experience. So I order the red state, blue state waffle with strawberries and blueberries. Yummy right? Well this is what I ordered...

























And this is what I got...




















Good thing she talked me into ordering some bacon that they cooked just perfect. I could only laugh.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

They had those all over GA and people talked about them like they were a Ruth's Chris....I was never a big fan...once I couldnt eat it and the 2nd time I tried it I was in Pensecola and well, my state of mind made it wonderful, but the next morning I did not agree. I think it may be a hit and miss with those, but I am pretty particular about my waffles...lol