Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Update from Dallas

Hello Everyone. My time in Dallas is coming to an end. I have met some great people and found some fun actitivites, but it is time to find the road and get back to blogging. I have grown to miss my daily riding and blog routing, so I am anxious to get back to the road work.

I have sent my computer and associated electrical cords back to Seattle in order to lighten my load and allow for more water and food as my trek through the desert will be more demanding. There will be much longer stretches without places to stop, rest and rehydryate.

So blogging will be a little more difficult as I will rely on internet cafe's and my cell phone to keep in touch with you. So expect the blogs to be intermittent for the next two weeks until I expect to be in Phoenix. I still have my camera so I will find a way to get tons of pictures posted.

I have once again changed my route. So I won't be heading to Amarillo and Albequerque as originally planned. I'll ride from Dallas and head west to Phoenix instead. This will keep me on flatter and dryer roads although it will extend my total mileage by several hundred miles.

I have also exchanged my fleece sleeping bag for a winter sleeping bag in anticipation of some very cold desert evenings. I have added raingear and some long sleeved layers and sent back some of my summer gear.

So my ride from Tampa to Dallas has taught me many skills and cautions that I am fortunate to take with me as I continue on to Seattle. I feel confident in my new route and I am anxious to get on the road again.

I anticipate I still have about 3500 road miles to go. And for the 1st time I am publishing my anticipated arrival in Seattle at Sunday December 7th. 41 days from today.

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

God speed my son, we love you.

Shannon said...

You can do it Trav. Be safe and I love ya.

Patti said...

You are doing great Travis and your positive attitude comes back to you 3 fold by all that you meet.