Monday, October 6, 2008

The Newton Party

Day 10, Rest day on the bike.



I met up with Bill and Sharron Newton around 4PM after a restful day. We were heading to their home before heading out for an evening of some wine and home cooking and their friends house. They have a beautiful home surrounded by trees and birds and bayou. A scene from the James Bond movie "Live or Let Die" was filmed here. It is truly their own park at home.
















































So we set out to their friends house to eat some fish and crabs they caught earlier that morning. I had no idea there were going to by five other couples there. It turned out to be a very special time for me. I felt like a guest of honor in a house of people I didn't even know. Thank you all for such a good time. I will always remember my Slidell trip as a highlight in my journey.



What a fine group of friends! Thank you.
Bill and Sharron, it was truly a pleasure getting to know you.

1 comment:

oompah11 said...

What a great time we all had at Mary's home and meeting such an adventuresome young man! It will be fun following your journey!

Cheers and good weather are wished for you along your journey.

Joan and John from Slidell