Thursday, October 2, 2008

Leaving Florida

Today's ride will be the last in Florida. Good bye Florida, what I ride you have given me. Thank you!!!




With Alabama on my mind I breezed through Pensacola and then realized I forgot something I really wanted to do. I was going to look up Roy Jones Jr.'s boxing gym and try to get some pictures. Oh well, I've got a ferry to catch to Dauphin Island. Sorry Roy, you won't have the pleasure meeting me this time. Good luck against Calzaghe. I'm afraid you are going need it. Bring back the old Roy and throw more punches. No one beats you if you throw more punches!!! Here is a tribute on you tube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-e7_yxQpg&feature=related GO ROY!









Leaving Pensacola...


I stopped at Big Lagoon State Park for a short break and to get some sun on my front half. So far bicyling has tanned my backside leaving me looking like an entirely different ethnicity depending on whether you are walking toward me or following behind me.
















This tug was pushing 4 barges of sand. The picture doesn't show how long this train was, but I bet it was longer than 2 football fields... MASSIVE!










I saw a lot of this along today's ride. These are incarcerated folks either picking up trash or doing landscape maintentance. The big truck behind them is the officer in charge. I said hey to them and they seemed happy to be outside walking around. I can imagine this is a good day for them.






At Perdido Key, I think I am getting my last looks at the white sandy beaches and turquoise ocean waters for the tour. I'll miss you and the breeze you cool me off with and the inspiration I take in from riding next to you. Au Revoir!






7 comments:

sedarioan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sedarioan said...

http://sedaridis.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Keep it up your doing awesome. Be careful of that hamstring....that one is a doozy if you dont watch it. This is really awesome to watch and read about. I have to say I am jealous. :-)

rustic said...

Thanks for the entertaining blog entries. I’m looking forward to how Alabama treats you and am writing to my bama buddy to find out what unique cuisines you should look for along the way.

As well, when Jake wakes I will ping him on a suggested name for the bicycle. That should be interesting as it either may fall in line with his bear and black dog that are named “Bear” and “Black Doggie” or like ‘Scorpion-Dragon Mite”, the name given to his alter ego that comes out at fighting time.

Peace for now, Rustic View wishes you all the best!

Shannon said...

How a about Nub! Name it Nub! lol

Shannon said...

So I have a new thought for a name. I was trying to find words that describe what you are doing....the word went from wind to whatever but I found the word Range-definition Range usually implies wandering over a more or less defined but extensive area in search of something-So maybe that sounds interesting throw the word esoteric on the front(definition) -understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest. And I think it describes you and your bike....so I vote for Esoteric Range...it is kind of flashy but has good meaning. Just my thoughts.

Kukie Monstr said...

Not bad sis... Its at the top of the list