Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Healing in Dallas

Thank you everyone for all the calls and emails with concern. I am doing great. It turns out I just bruised my left elbow and left hip and am suffering through the daily showers from some road rash.






Just a few hours after the crash I was in good spirits. I took a photo with Erik who is a BMX guy and works at the Dairy Queen where I rested for a few hours.









So I am in Dallas until the 27th of October. I am staying with my friends Jen and Serena and I have a few other people I know here to keep me busy. This is Jen at the golf range at her apartment and Serena and I at happy hour waiting for Jen to get off work. Thx Jen and Serena for the hospitality and good times.











I am running in the muddy buddy obstacle course with my muddy buddy Cati on the 26th. Check it out on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsxW-_KbknU I am so excited and I will have some cool "dirty" pictures and video for the blog.

I will post a blog every few days while I am here, but since I am not putting miles on the bike there won't be as much to add.

Don't forget the Pavlik / Hopkins fight on Saturday the 18th. I don't care who wins, but I prepared to cringe and watch the "Executioner" take his first and last beating of his career.

Here is a link to the map of my route to date:






7 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Hey Trav, it's so good to finally hear something from you. Heal quickly and don't get any injuries in the Muddy race. Sending "hugs" of love.

Shannon said...

Glad you are resting and safe. Hope you are healing well. Miss ya. Keep your head up....

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Hey Travis - Pleasure to meet you last night. If you find yourself bored while in Dallas, let me know and I'd be glad to show you around or have a drink with ya.

-Michael aka "Jamiroquai" :)

mdmusick@yahoo.com

oompah11 said...

Hey Travis, Catching up with your blog and want to send get well wishes to you in Dallas.

Joan and John from Slidell,LA

Demmy said...

Well...I heard nothing in YouTuBe Video - -!

Varun said...

Hey, ran into your blog randomly. Its a good read and an interesting journey that you are doing. Guess US is not the best place to cycle across. Good luck for the remainder of your trip.