Friday, September 19, 2008

Riding Tampa

So I found a great bike shop in Tampa called University Bicycle Center. http://ridingbicycles.com/index.cfm. I didn't spent a ton on my bicycle and with the bike and travelling gear I was out of the store for less than $2600. I only have my tent and sleeping bag to buy. I am so pumped to get started.

I have ridden about 80 miles around Tampa so far. This town is quite the scenic gem. I rode down Bayshore which is a great trail along the bay. The views across the water of the city and bridges are incredible. Across the street are gorgeous homes.

Today I am heading for about an 60 miles trek to an adventure store called "Bill Jackson Inc". I hope I can find the tent and fleece bag I need. More pictures of today's ride to follow.

Last night we went to Leroy Selman's, a barbque restaurant. I caved and finished the evening with a huge slice of chocolate cake... again. The last picture is my buds Jon and Rich from Tampa.

Time to go ride and burn those calories.




No comments: