Monday, September 29, 2008

Early to sleep, Early to rise...

...well, after football and some more wine, I was in no condition to travel with my 47 pound pack in the dark. So I did it anyway (or course). But I wised up after just a few miles and decided to pack it in. Cati, who is obviously wiser than me, was already looking up vicinity campgrounds in a effort to put me down for the night. Thank you sweetie. I mean it!

A couple of miles down the road was the Holiday Campground. It was packed with RV's and the surrounding sound of laughter from folks kicking back with a can of Bud light enjoying life. This campground is just before a long bridge that opens to the gulf on one side and a bay on the other. So both sunrise and sunset are scenic visions of nature with a front row seat here. Gorgeous!!!
I was thinking about my buddy Junior as I was walking to the convenience store next door before turning in for the night. All of as sudden I had a craving for a moon pie (inside joke). Lucky for me they had them and I savored every nasty crumb of that chocolate mess before falling asleep.
I woke up at 2AM ready to take off. But lulled myself back to sleep...

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Travis we are enjoying waking up to new messages ea. day. I am coping them for Grandma, it is too hard for her to read from the monitor. We love you and continue to lift you to ou Lord and Savior. Mom and Dad

Shannon said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!